An adjective is a type of word that describes or modifies [changes the meaning of] a noun [a person, place, thing, or idea]. Adjectives provide additional information about the noun, such as its size, color, shape, or quality [traits it has]. They help to give a more detailed and vivid picture or description of the noun.
- The red apple tastes delicious. [Red describes the color of the apple.]
- She has a big house. [Big describes the size of the house.]
- The furry cat is very cute. [Furry describes the texture of the cat’s fur.]
Very Simple Definition:
An adjective is a word that gives more information about a noun [object, person, thing, or animal]. It describes how something looks, feels, sounds, tastes, or smells.
- I have a happy dog. [Happy describes the dog’s emotion.]
- The yellow flower is pretty. [Yellow describes the color of the flower.]
- The loud fireworks scared me. [Loud describes the sound of the fireworks.]