An adverb of manner is a word that describes how an action or event occurs [happens or takes place]. It tells us the way in which something is done or happens. Adverbs of manner often end in -ly, but not always.
- She sings beautifully. [in a beautiful way]
- He works quickly. [in a quick way]
- They drove carefully. [in a careful way]
Very Simple Definition:
Adverbs of manner tell us how something happens. They describe the way in which something is done.
- She sings well. [in a good way]
- He runs fast. [in a speedy way]
- They walk slowly. [in a slow way]