Anaphylactic shock is a severe allergic reaction that can happen when the body’s immune system overreacts to a substance, causing a sudden drop in blood pressure and difficulty breathing.
For example, someone with an allergy to peanuts may have an anaphylactic shock if they accidentally eat a peanut or come into contact with peanut oil. This can cause symptoms such as hives, swelling, difficulty in breathing, and a rapid or weak pulse.
Very Simple Definition:
Anaphylactic shock is a very bad allergic reaction that can make it hard to breathe and can make a person’s blood pressure go down very quickly.
For example, if someone has an allergy, like to peanuts, and they eat a peanut by accident, they might have trouble breathing and feel very sick.